- A small coin of the value of six and a quarter cents. A Fippenny bit.
- Petty, trivial; of little consequence; small and of little importance; picayunish;
- "It might seem like a matter, akin to the rivalry in the film "Monty Python's Life of Brian" between the Judean People's Front, the Judean Popular People's Front and the People's Front of Judea." —New York Times, November 17, 2005
- something not worth arguing about.
- an argument, fact, corner case, or other issue raised (often intentionally) that distracts from a larger issue at hand or doesn"t change a primary supposition, outcome, postulate, premise, conclusion, hypothesis, judgement or recommendation;
- small-minded: being childishly spiteful, tending to go on about unimportant things.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for picayune for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of picayune