- A person who lacks appreciation of art or culture.
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 259d.
- : trying to separate everything from everything else is not just poor taste but is the mark of a total and someone with no feeling for philosophy.
- A person whose material means exceed his/her cultural and/or spiritual level.
- An ignorant person.
- A person from ancient Philistia.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for philistine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of philistine