- Originally, a member of any of the families constituting the populus Romanus, or body of Roman citizens, before the development of the plebeian order; later, one who, by right of birth or by special privilege conferred, belonged to the the senior class of Romans, who, with certain property, had by right a seat in the Roman Senate.
- A person of high birth; a nobleman.
- One familiar with the works of the Christian Fathers; one versed in patristic lore.
- Of or pertaining to the Roman patres (fathers) or senators, or patricians.
- Of, pertaining to, or appropriate to, a person of high birth; noble; not plebeian.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for patrician for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of patrician