verb (paddles, paddling, paddled)
- A two-handed, single-bladed oar used to propel a canoe or a small boat.
- A double-bladed oar used for kayaking.
- Time spent on paddling.
- We had a nice this morning.
- A slat of a paddleboat's wheel.
- A paddlewheel.
- A blade of a waterwheel.
- a meandering walk through shallow water, especially at the seaside.
- A kitchen utensil shaped like a and used for mixing, beating etc.
- A ping-pong bat.
- A flat limb of turtle or other sea animal, adapted for swimming.
- In a sluice, a panel that controls the flow of water.
- (transitive) To propel something through water with a , oar or hands.
- To row a boat with less than one's full capacity.
- (transitive) To spank.
- (intransitive) To walk or dabble playfully in shallow water, especially at the seaside.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for paddle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of paddle