- a cooking-pot or earthenware jar used in Spain and Spanish-speaking countries
- 1992, On top of the counter were three clay jars or ollas. Two of them were empty but the third was covered with the tin lid from a lardpail and the lid was notched to accommodate the handle of an enamel
Etymology: ollaSpanish, olla, from ollaLatin, olla, aulla; akin to the w:Sanskrit language, Sanskrit (ukhÄ), that is pot, and probably to w:Gothic language, Gothic (auhns), oven.
- verb, enameled tin dipper. " w:Cormac McCarthy?, Cormac McCarthy?, All the Pretty Horses
- A pot used for cooling water by evaporation in Latin America.
- A cinerary urn in ancient Rome.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for olla for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of olla