- (colours) a somewhat yellowish orange color, colour.
- <table><tr><td>ochre colour: </td><td bgcolor="
adjective (no (compar) or (superl))
- E3A857?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- An earth pigment containing silica, aluminum and ferric oxide.
- (biology), (genetics), (biochemistry) A colloquial name used in molecular biology referring to a particular stop codon sequence, "UAA."
Etymology: :From the Greek á (ákhra) meaning pale yellow.
- (colours) having a yellow-orange colour.
- Referring to archaeological cultures that covered their dead with ochre.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ochre for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ochre