- nothing, Nothing; something which does not exist.
- A thing or person of no worth or value; nil.
- Not any quantity of number; zero; the score of no points in a game.
- The figure or character presenting zero.
- (transitive) To disregard; to despise.
- 1611 Ye have set at nought all my counsel Proverbs 1:11
- (obsolete) Good for nothing; worthless.
- 1611 "It is nought, it is nought, saith the buyer, but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth." Proverbs 20:14 (King James Version)
- wicked, Wicked, immoral.
- ''"No man can be stark nought at once." Fuller.
- You got nought (marks out of 100)
- To no extent; in no way; not at all.
- not, Not.
Etymology: From Old English nÅwiht
- Nothing; zero.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nought for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of nought