- Of, containing, or being a notion; mental or imaginary.
- Speculative, theoretical, not the result of research.
- This paper proposes a notional Federated Identity Management (FIM) architecture.
- Linguistics having descriptive value as opposed to a syntactic category.
- Finance concerning the value of an asset. The notional amount is a theoretical amount on which are based interest calculations. Most of the times, it is the value of the asset when it is issued.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for notional for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of notional