- Letters or words, in writing or speech, that have no meaning or seem to have no meaning.
- (by extension) An untrue statement.
verb to nonsense
- He says that I stole his computer, but that's just nonsense.
- (literature) A type of poetry that contains strange or surreal ideas, as, for example, that written by w:Edward Lear, Edward Lear.
- (biology) A damaged DNA sequence whose products are not biologically active, that is, that does nothing.
- To attempt to dismiss as nonsense.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nonsense for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of nonsense