noun (morbidities, -)
Etymology: From morbid, from morbidus diseased, from morbus disease, from mori to die.
- The ratio of deaths to the population; expressed in 1000 per year; death rate.
- The quality of being unhealthful, morbid; morbidness.
- (medicine) The incidence of a disease.
- (medicine, countable) An occurrence of illness or disease, or a single symptom of that illness.
- (medicine, countable) Adverse effects caused by a medical treatment such as surgery.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for morbidity for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of morbidity