- The act or process of shaping in or on a mold, or of making molds; the art or occupation of a molder.
- Anything cast in a mold, or which appears to be so, as grooved or ornamental bars of wood or metal.
- (architecture) A plane, or curved, narrow surface, either sunk or projecting, used for decoration by means of the lights and shades upon its surface. Moldings vary greatly in pattern and are generally used in groups, the different members of each group projecting or retreating, one beyond another.
- (context, woodwork) A planing machine for making moldings.
- (context, founding) A machine to assist in making molds for castings.
- (context, milling) A mill for shaping timber.
- (context, founding) A kind of sand containing clay, used in making molds.
- Used in making a mold or moldings; used in shaping anything according to a pattern.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for molding for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of molding