- A use of a term asserted to be misleading.
Etymology: From mesnomer, from mesnomer (to misname), mes- + nomer.
- Calling it a driveway is a bit of a , since you don't drive on it, you park on it.''
- A term asserted to be widely used incorrectly.
- Chinese checkers is a since the game has nothing to do with China.
- A term whose sense in common usage conflicts with a technical sense.
- (context, nonstandard, see usage notes) Something asserted not to be true; a myth.
- It's a that engineers can't write.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for misnomer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of misnomer