verb (met, es)
- A boundary or other limit; a boundary-marker.
- (transitive, poetic) To measure.
- 1611 " w:King James Version of the Bible, King James Version of the Bible, s:Bible, King James, Matthew, Matthew 7:2
- :For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye , it shall be measured to you again.
- (transitive, usually with "out") To dispense, measure (out), allot (especially punishment, reward etc.).
- 1833 " w:Alfred Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, s:Ulysses, Ulysses
- :Match'd with an agèd wife, I and dole
- :Unequal laws unto a savage race
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mete for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mete