- A herbaceous plant, Rubia tinctorum, native to Asia, cultivated for a red-purple dye obtained from the root.
- The root of the plant, used as a medicine or a dye.
- A dye made from the plant.
- (colour) A deep reddish purple colour, like that of the dye.
- <table><tr><td>madder colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- D3414A?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (colour) Of a deep reddish purple colour, like that of the dye.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for madder for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of madder