- A place or locality, especially a centre of activity or the scene of a crime.
Etymology: From locus.
- The cafeteria was the of activity.
- (math) The set of all points whose coordinates satisfy a given equation or condition.
- A circle is the of points from which the distance to the center is a given value, the radius.
- (genetics) A fixed position on a chromosome that may be occupied by one or more genes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for locus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of locus