- Any distinctive uniform worn by a group, such as the uniform worn by chauffeurs and male servants.
verb (liveries, liverying, liveried)
- By wearing , the brewers publicly expressed guild association and solidarity; - J. M. Bennett
- (archaic) the rental of horses and/or carriages; the rental of canoes; the care and/or boarding of horses for money.
- The delivery of property from one owner to the next.
- The paint scheme of an aircraft or airline.
- A taxicab or limousine.
- (archaic) To clothe in.
Etymology: From livere, from livrée.
- He liveried his servents in the most modest of clothing
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for livery for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of livery