noun (wikipedia, Leghorn chicken)
- A breed of mostly white poultry.
- "Among the light breeds there are probably more good strains of White than any other variety. The Brown is not quite so popular but is capable of high yields ". The Black is another breed which has enjoyed popularity." See ref. p. 42.
- (dated) the town of Livorno in Italy
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Leghorn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Leghorn
noun (Plural: leghorns)
- A type of dried wheat straw, fabric made from it, or a hat made from that fabric.
- A member of a breed of chickens.
- The cartoon character 'Foghorn Leghorn' was obviously not actually a because he was much too big.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for leghorn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of leghorn