noun (leash, es)
- A strap, cord or rope with which to restrain an animal, often a dog.
- A brace and a half; a tierce; three; three creatures of any kind, especially greyhounds, foxes, bucks, and hares; hence, the number three in general.
- A string with a loop at the end for lifting warp threads, in a loom.
- (surfing) A leg rope.
verb (leash, es)
- 1980: Probably the idea was around before that, but the first photo of the leash in action was published that year — As Years Roll By (1970's Retrospective), Drew Kampion, w:Surfing (magazine), Surfing magazine, February 1980, page 43. Quoted at surfresearch.com.au glossaryhttp://www.surfresearch.com.au/agl.html.
- To fasten or secure with a leash.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for leash for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of leash