adjective (jaunti, er)
- airy, Airy; showy; finical; hence, characterized by an affected or fantastical manner.
Etymology: Formerly spelt janty, from French gentil. See gentle, and compare genty
- The courtier was a fellow, attuned to the esoteric court gossip and attentive to the least beneficial wind of favor blowing from the throne.
- dapper, Dapper or stylish.
- He wore a beaver hat that was all the rage.
- ostentatious, Ostentatiously self-confident.
- He walked down the street with a swaggering step, as if daring others less perfectly satisfied to intrude upon his good mood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jaunty for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of jaunty