- (colloquial) Temper; anger.
- 1947, Hy Heath, John Lange, w:Clancy Lowered the Boom, Clancy Lowered the Boom
- Whenever he got his up, Clancy lowered the boom.
- The Goidelic language indigenous to Ireland, also known as Irish Gaelic.
- The spelling of is very complicated.
- (italbrac, collectively as a plural) The Irish people.
- A board game of the tables family.
- Pertaining to or originating from Ireland or the Irish people.
Etymology: Iras, from irar, ultimately from :w:Old Irish, Old Irish Eriu.
- Sheep are typical in the landscape.
(rfex, particularly the last)
- Pertaining to the Irish language.
- (context, derogatory, colloquial) Nonsensical, illogical.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Irish for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Irish