verb (intrigu, ing)
- A complicated or clandestine plot or scheme intended to effect some purpose by secret artifice; conspiracy; stratagem.
- The plot of a play, poem or romance; the series of complications in which a writer involves his imaginary characters.
- Clandestine intercourse between persons; illicit intimacy; a liaison.
- (intransitive) To conceive or carry out a secret plan intended to harm; to form a plot or scheme.
- (transitive) To arouse the interest of; to fascinate.
- (intransitive) To have clandestine or illicit intercourse.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intrigue for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of intrigue