verb (inflam, ing)
- To set on fire; to kindle; to cause to burn, flame, or glow.
- Figurative: To kindle or intensify, as passion or appetite; to excite to an excessive or unnatural action or heat; as, to inflame desire.
- To provoke to anger or rage; to exasperate; to irritate; to incense; to enrage.
- To put in a state of inflammation; to produce morbid heat, congestion, or swelling, of; as, to inflame the eyes by overwork.
- To exaggerate; to enlarge upon.
- To grow morbidly hot, congested, or painful; to become angry or incensed.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for inflame for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of inflame