- The act of indenting or state of being indented.
- A notch or recess, in the margin or border of anything; as, the indentations of a leaf, of the coast, etc.
- A recess or sharp depression in any surface.
- The act of beginning a line or series of lines at a little distance within the flush line of the column or page, as in the common way of beginning the first line of a paragraph.
- The measure of the distance; as, an indentation of one em, or of two ems.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for indentation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of indentation