verb (imbu, ing)
- (transitive): The act of wetting or staining an object completely with some physical quality.
Etymology: From Latin, imbuere which means 'to wet' or 'to moisten' or 'to stain'.
- The scarf was imbued with her scent.
- In general, any act which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- The entire text is imbued with the sense of melancholy and hopelessness.
- Imbue takes meaning from the word `Imbibe`, which means, to absorb or to be filled with.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for imbue for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of imbue