- A messenger, especially one bringing important news.
- The blew his trumpet and shouted that the King was dead.
- A harbinger, giving signs of things to come.
- Daffodils are heralds of Spring.
- (heraldry): An official whose speciality is heraldry, especially one between the ranks of pursuivant and king of arms.
- Rouge Dragon is a at the College of Arms.
- (transitive) To proclaim, announce, etc. an event.
Etymology: From heraud, from heraut, hiraut (French: héraut).
- Daffodils the Spring.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for herald for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of herald