noun (pl=heathen, pl2=heathens)
- A person who does not follow an w:Abrahamic religion, Abrahamic religion, a pagan. (derogatory)
- by extension, an uncultured or uncivilized person.
- self-designation of some adherents of neo-paganism.
Etymology: From hííen.
- not adhering to an w:Abrahamic religion, Abrahamic religion, pagan, adhering to polytheistic beliefs, especially when uncultured or uncivilized. (derogatory)
- by extension, uncultured, uncivilized, savage.
- pertaining to Germanic currents of neo-paganism known as Heathenry.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for heathen for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of heathen