adjective (heartier, heartiest)
- (obsolete): Comrade; boon companion; good fellow; -- a term of familiar address and fellowship among sailors. Dickens.
- Pertaining to, or proceeding from, the heart; warm; cordial; bold; zealous; sincere; willing; also, energetic; active; eager; as, a hearty welcome; hearty in supporting the government.
- Full of hearty tears For our good father's loss. w:Marston, Marston.
- Exhibiting strength; sound; healthy; firm; not weak; as, a hearty timber.
- Promoting strength; nourishing; rich; abundant; as, hearty food; a hearty meal.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hearty for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hearty