- (given name, female) from the English noun hazel
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Hazel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Hazel
- a tree or shrub of the genus Corylus, bearing edible nuts called hazelnuts or filberts.
- the nut of the hazel tree.
- the wood of a hazelnut tree.
- a greenish-brown colour, the colour of a ripe hazelnut.
- <table><tr><td>hazel colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- A67B5B?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: From PIE
- of a greenish-brown colour. (often used to refer to eye colour)
- koselos, which is also the source of Corylus.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hazel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hazel