- A cheat or swindle; a rip-off.
verb (gyp, p, ed)
- Why do we have to buy this new edition of the textbook when there"s almost no difference between it and the previous one? What a !
- (context, Cambridge and Durham, England) A college servant.
- (context, considered pejorative by many) To cheat or swindle someone of something inappropriately.
- The cab driver gypped me out of ten bucks by taking the longer route.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gyp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of gyp