noun <section begin=deNoun1def />
<section begin=enNoun1 />
<section end=deNoun1def />
- An inhabitant of Germany; a person of German descent.
- An Indo-European language, primarily spoken in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Sí¼dtirol and Switzerland and a small part of Belgium.
Etymology: <section begin=deEtymology />From (term, Germani, , the peoples of Germania), as distinct from Gauls (Caesar, Tacitus).<section end=deEtymology /><section end=enEtymology />
- Relating to the country of Germany or to the German language.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for German for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of German
- (obsolete) A near relative
- Having the same mother and father; a full brother or full sister.
- Being born to one"s blood aunt or uncle, a first cousin.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for german for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of german