- A Romance language spoken primarily in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Quebec and many former French colonies.
- (context, preceded by the and plural in form) The people of France collectively.
verb (French, es)
- The and the English have often been at war.
- (informal) vulgar, Vulgar language.
- Pardon my .
- (transitive) To prepare food by cutting it into strips.
- (transitive) To kiss (another person) while inserting one"s tongue into the his or her mouth.
- (intransitive) To kiss in this manner.
- Of or relating to France.
Etymology: From , from (term, frencisc, , Frankish), from (term, franca, , Frank).
- the border with Italy
- Of or relating to the French people.
- Of or relating to the French language.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for French for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of French