noun (forcings, -)
- (horticulture) The art of raising plants at an earlier season than is normal, especially by using a hotbed
- (photography) An extension in the development time of an underexposed negative in order to bring out detail
- (mathematics) A technique used to prove the consistency of certain axioms in set theory
(wikipedia, forcing (mathematics))
- (climatology, countable) The net flux of energy in or out of a system; the net change in an energy balance.
- (present participle of, force)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for forcing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of forcing