- The weatherproofing, weatherproofed shielding put around objects which protrude from the roof of a building, such as pipes, chimneys, or the edges of other roofs to deflect water away from the seams.
- The process of getting rid of gaps on shelves by bringing products from the back of the shelf to the front to create a 'fuller' shelf.
- The blinking of a light source, such as a light bulb or computer's cursor.
- The incessant of the neon sign kept the neighborhood awake.
- An incidence of indecent exposure.
Etymology: (weatherproofing) From original flashing material of copper or aluminum that reflects flashes of sunlight.
- (present participle of, flash)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flashing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of flashing