verb (expatriates, expatriated, expatriating)
- One who lives outside one's own country.
- One who has been banished from one's own country.
- (transitive) To banish; to drive or force (a person) from his own country; to make an exile of.
- (intransitive) To withdraw from one's native country.
- (intransitive) To renounce the rights and liabilities of citizenship where one is born and become a citizen of another country.
- Of, or relating to, people who are expatriates.
- an expatriate mailing list
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for expatriate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of expatriate