- Of, or relating to any of several Christian Churches that believe in the sole authority of the gospels
- Of, or relating to Protestant (especially Lutheran) Churches in Germany
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Evangelical for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Evangelical
- A member of an evangelical church
- An advocate of evangelicalism
Etymology: From evangelic + -al.
- (obsolete) Pertaining to the gospel(s) of the Christian New Testament
- Pertaining to the doctrines or teachings of the Christian gospel or Christianity in general.
- Protestant; specifically, designating European churches which were originally Lutheran rather than Calvinist.
- Pertaining to a movement in Protestant Christianity that stresses personal conversion and the authority of the Bible (evangelicalism).
- zealously, Zealously enthusiastic.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for evangelical for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of evangelical