- An unborn baby that is less developed than a foetus.
- An organism in the earlier stages of development before it emerges from the egg, or before metamorphosis.
- In viviparous animals, the young animal's earliest stages in the mother's body
- In humans, usually the cell growth up to the end of the seventh week in the mother's body
- (botany) A rudimentary plant contained in the seed.
- The beginning; the first stage of anything.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for embryo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of embryo