- A person who edits or makes changes to documents.
- A copy editor.
- A person who edited a specific document.
Etymology: From editionem ( editio) "a bringing forth, producing", from stem of edere, "bring forth, produce", from ex-, "out" + -dere, combining form of dare, "to give".
- John Johnson wrote this term paper and the was Joan Johnson.
- A person at a newspaper or similar institution who edits stories and decides which ones to publish.
- John is the city at the Daily Times.
- (context, computer software) A program for create, creating and make, making changes to files, especially text files.
- The TPU EVE is an excellent, extensible, programmable .
- (context, television, cinematography) Someone who manipulates video footage and assembles it into the correct order etc for broadcast; a picture editor.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for editor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of editor