- The day when God is expected to judge the world, at the end of the world; the Day of Judgement; the day of the Last Judgment.
- Any day of decisive judgement or final dissolution.
Etymology: (rfv, either this term is a compound of two modern english terms or it has evolved from old english via modern english; it can be disputed or it can be influenced but it can't have to etymologies with no explanation)doom + day
- Concerned with or predicting future universal destruction; the doomsday issue of all-out nuclear war.
- Given to or marked by forebodings or predictions of impending calamity.
- Capable of causing widespread or total destruction; doomsday weapon.
- Middle English domes dai; and
- Old English dÅmesdíg.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for doomsday for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of doomsday