verb (domesticat, ing)
- An animal or plant that has been domesticated.
- (transitive) To make domestic.
- (transitive) To make fit for domestic life.
- (transitive) To adapt to live with humans.
- (transitive) To make a legal instrument recognized and enforceable in a jurisdiction foreign to the one in which the instrument was originally issued or created.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for domesticate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of domesticate