- (context, US) A tool used to play Bingo
- (context, UK, derogatory) A member of the working class in Scotland who is seen as under-educated; to have poor taste, especially in their choice of clothes; and to have poor social skills. Closely related to the English Chav.
- (context, Australian English, derogatory) One who dobs, that is, informs against or implicates others to authority.
- Nicky is such a dobber, she told the teacher that I hit Karen in the playground.
- (British, informal/sporting/technical) Small electronic device that plugs directly into a larger electronic device. E.g: Wireless scoring systems (fencing), USB mass storage devices, etc. <br>Etymology: The word originally referred only to Electronic Coaching aids; small scoring devices that are plugged directly into the fencing foil or epee and used for basic scoring instead of the larger scoring machines. However, its use has since spread into more general areas of technical vocabulary, becoming particularly popular in the BBC Radio Online and IT departments.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dobber for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dobber