- (transitive) Subject a substance to distillation; .
- (intransitive) Undergo or be produced by distillation.
- (transitive) Make by means of distillation, esp. whisky.
- (transitive) Exude in small drops.
Etymology: From Old & modern French distiller, from Latin distillare
- Firs distil resin.
- (transitive) Impart in small quantities.
- (transitive) Extract the essence of; concentrate; purify.
- (intransitive) Trickle down or fall in small drops; ooze out.
- (intransitive) Be manifested gently or gradually.
- (intransitive) Drip or be wet with.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for distill for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of distill