- A thin, flat, circular plate or similar object.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (diskos) "a circular plate suited for hurling", from (dikein) "to hurl, to launch".
- A coin is a of metal.
- (figurative) Something resembling a disk.
- Venus' cut off light from the Sun.
- (dated) A vinyl phonograph / gramophone record.
- Turn the over, after it has finished.
- (computing) A floppy disk - removable magnetic medium or a hard disk - fixed, persistent digital storage.
- He still uses floppy disks from 1979.
- (computing, nonstandard) A disc - either a CD-ROM, an audio CD, a DVD or similar removable storage medium.
- She burned some disks yesterday to back up her computer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for disk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of disk