- (Australia) A legally undeclared spouse. Usually spelled defacto.
- actual, Actual.
- virtual, Virtual, being such in effect or essence (rather than literally in fact) though not formally or wholly taken for granted, as opposed to de jure.
- (context, politics, military) Of a political or military leader, exercising power without being legally established.
- Although the United States currently has no official language, it is largely monolingual with English being the national language.
- (context, computing) Of hardware or software, being widely used, but not conforming to a standard.
Etymology: A expression that means "in fact" or "in practice" or "in reality"
- in reality
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for de facto for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of de facto