- A fastener or a fastening method that secures parts by bending metal around a joint and squeezing it together, often with a tool that adds indentations to capture the parts.
- The strap was held together by a simple metal .
- (obsolete): A coal broker. Provincial England
- (obsolete): One who decoys or entraps men into the military or naval service.
- (obsolete): A keeper of a low lodging house where sailors and emigrants are entrapped and fleeced.
- (usually in plural): A hairstyle which has been crimped, or shaped so it bends back and forth in many short kinks.
- (obsolete): A game at cards.
- To fasten by bending metal so that it squeezes around the parts to be fastened.
- He crimped the wire in place.
- To style hair into a crimp.
- (obsolete): Easily crumbled; friable; brittle.
- (obsolete): Weak; inconsistent; contradictory.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crimp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of crimp