- acceptance, Acceptance of a belief or claim as true, especially on the basis of evidence.
verb (credenc, ing)
- Based on the scientific data, I give to this hypothesis.
- (rare) credential, Credential or supporting material for a person or claim.
- He presented us with a letter of .
- (religion) A small table or credenza used in certain Christian religious services.
- (obsolete) To give credence to; to believe.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for credence for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of credence