- a cosmopolitan person; a cosmopolite
- a cocktail containing vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice
Etymology: (cosmos) meaning world, and (polis) meaning city, people, citizenry.
- all-inclusive; affecting the whole world
- (of a place, or institution) composed of people from all over the world
- (context, of a person) at ease in any part of the world
- (context, of a plant etc.) growing in many parts of the world; widely distributed
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cosmopolitan for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cosmopolitan