- (slang) (plural of, cop) police officer, Police officers.
- 1986: Liam Sternberg (performed by The Bangles), Walk Like an Egyptian
- :All the in the donut shops say, "Way-oh-way-oh-way-ooo-aaa-ooo"
- (slang) the cops: The police, considered as a group entity.
- 1906: s:Author:Horatio Alger, Horatio Alger, ''s:Joe the Hotel Boy/Chapter XVII, Joe the Hotel Boy
- :"Maybe he'll git the cops after you, Jack." "I'll watch out fer dat, Nick, an' you must watch out too," answered Jack Sagger.
- (third-person singular of, cop)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cops for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cops