verb (constru, ing)
- A translation or interpretation.
- To interpret or explain the meaning of something.
- The world must according to it's wits; this court must according to the law.
- w:Robert Bolt, Robert Bolt, ''w:A Man for All Seasons, A Man for All Seasons, 1954
- (grammar) To analyze the grammatical structure of a clause or sentence.
- To translate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for construe for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of construe