Etymology: It is generally accepted that conspire comes from the Latin roots con, with, and spirare, to breathe"so to conspire literally means 'to breathe together'.
- act of two or more persons, conspirators, working in secret to obtain some goal, usually understood with negative connotations.
- an agreement among conspirators.
- a group of persons, conspirators, working in secret to obtain some goal.
- an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future.
- (rfd-sense, doesn't mean this by itself without context) a plot to overthrow a government or other powers
- (rfd-sense, nonsense) the ability to have the material means and a motive to commit an act against the law
- a group of ravens
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conspiracy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of conspiracy