- The place where two rivers, streams, or other continuously flowing bodies of water meet and become one, especially where a tributary joins a river.
Etymology: From confluentia, con- + fluere
- We encountered an abandoned boat at the of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers.
- The act of combine, combining which occurs at the place where rivers and the like meet.
- The of the rivers produced a great rush of water.
- A convergence or combination of forces, people, or things.
- The of our skills resulted in a successful home renovation project.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for confluence for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of confluence